ULTIMATUM Third Edition, our entirely student-led Commerce and Humanities fest, upped the ante even further and made for pure exhilaration and a super-charged atmosphere on 29th and 30th July 2022. The forum for future corporate leaders in Business, Economics, Journalism, HR and Law, tested agility, flexibility, global awareness, legal and corporate lobbying skills and more!
20 schools participated from around Bengaluru, Mysore, Chennai and Hyderabad. The spirited involvement of NAFL alumni judges along with professional judges from around India, USA and Canada raised the event’s depth and standing.
The 'Best School Award'- NPS Koramangala!
It was a wonderful and very informative event. All the students were very engaged and knew all the concepts well, especially about the stock market! The organisers were also very confident and managed the whole event very well, any technical difficulties or doubts from participants.
Maya Kamath, NAFL Alumna, Judge – Ceteris Paribus
(Undergraduate Student, Social Anthropology, University of Edinburgh, UK)
I was very impressed with the policy measures the participants come up with. It was truly outstanding!
Mr. Ambareesh Baliga, Judge – Ceteris Paribus
(Independent Strategy Adviser, Wealth Management)
I really liked the concept and the way the contest was structured.
Dr. Suchitra Kaul Misra, Judge – The Journalist
(Practitioner in Therapeutic Humour and Holistic Health Solutions)
This generation is lucky to get such wonderful platforms at this young age to showcase their talents.
Mr. Anil Nahar, Judge – Ready, Set, Invest
(Director & Co-founder, Regis and Savoy Capital)
The event was well organised like last time. I was really impressed by the arguments put forward by the participants as you all were taking professional angles!
Hari Choudhari - NAFL Alumni, Judge – Magnus Dominus
(Undergraduate Student, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, USA)
“It was an amazing experience to watch young students present their arguments and report like professional journalists!”
“The IPL Auction was the best. It felt like I was sitting in the stadium!”
“The event heads ran it very efficiently with minimum breaks. The one thing I would suggest is to make the finals at different timings so that we can watch all of them instead of just one or two!”
The event I enjoyed the most:
- Magnus Dominus
- The judge, Mr Nikhil Rao, kept the participants on their toes by asking very interesting questions and thoughts to ponder on...
- The students gave their best. I loved the product research, presentation, and discussion!
- It was relatable ... different brands ... and the loopholes behind the products…
- The way students analysed the situation, put across their thoughts was just awesome!
- The Journalist
- This is the first time I attended, and it was an amazing experience to watch young students present their arguments and report like professional journalists!
- Enjoyed the effort, involvement and presentations...
- Objection, Your Honour
- "Out of 64% of people who drink coffee immediately after purchasing it, only your client got scalded. That's negligible."
- I was in this event for the entire time!
- The conversation between the prosecution and defence teams!
- The case was a simple consumer complaint but the way the children fought tooth and nail to win their case, kept everyone hooked!
- The judge, Mr. Srinivas Katta, threw more light on the cases and made the session more interesting!
- Ready, Set, Invest
- What new innovative ideas! I was amazed by their knowledge and the extent of research!
- It was quite interesting to see how children can think out of the box!
- I was astounded to hear students speak about projects with such logical explanations.
- The event was based on 'Shark Tank' and children came up with amazing products like converting shipping containers into housing units, converting waste into energy, house on wheels, etc.
- I think the panellists gave their honest reviews and feedback which would definitely be great exposure and a learning experience for all the participants.
- The Grand IPL Auction
- I was amazed to watch students handling it so well! They were so professional! Beyond my expectations…they are the ultimate in Ultimatum!
- It involved cricket which I love to watch and also play whenever I get a chance to!